It isn’t summer until you’ve had corn on the cob. Corn on the cob is a summer staple. It’s at every barbecue and makes the perfect side dish. Luckily, the summer staple is quick and easy. There are plenty of ways to create a delicious side dish of corn on the cob. Find your favorite corn on the cob recipe and get inspired.
How do you prepare corn on the cob?
Depending on how you cook the corn, simply peel back the husk and remove the silk. Wash and then dry if you are oven roasting or grilling. The corn husk can be left on if you are microwaving and on the barbecue. Some people like to peel back the husk and remove the silk, and some leave it intact. It is your choice.
How to Cook Corn on the Cob
There are several methods for cooking corn on the cob. You should base this off of what is convenient for you, how many people you’re serving, and the taste you’re going for. Grilling is a fan favorite at our home. Steaming, boiling and pressure cooking will have similar textures. No matter how you like it, there should be a corn on the cob recipe for you below.
10 Recipes for Corn on the Cob
Microwaved Corn on the Cob Recipe by Spend with Pennies
- Place unshucked corn on a microwave-safe dish.
- Cook 4 minutes, add more time if needed until kernels are tender.
- Cool corn for 5 minutes before removing the husk and silk.
Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipe by Eating on a Dime
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the corn.
- Bring to a boil.
- Shuck the corn.
- Drop the corn into the boiling water, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook corn until the kernels are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Steamed Corn on the Cob Recipe by Free Food Tips
- Add water to a pot so that it does not rise above the steamer basket.
- Place steaming basket and then corn into the pot.
- Cover the pot and heat on high until the hot water starts to steam.
- Cook the corn until the kernels are tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Recipe by Natasha’s Kitchen
- Shuck the corn.
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker and place a trivet on top.
- Place the corn in the pot, stacking two on top.
- Cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and serve immediately.
Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob Recipe by Southern Living
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
- Shuck the corn.
- Place each ear of corn on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place butter in the center, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tightly wrap and roast directly on the oven rack, butter side up.
- Cook until kernels are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Allow corn to cool for at least 5 minutes before opening.
Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe by Pinky Princess Girl
- Preheat grill over high heat (400 to 450ºF / 204 to 232ºC).
- Shuck the corn, or if preferred, remove the silk and leave one layer of husk.
- Brush olive oil corn with olive oil, and then sprinkle with salt.
- Grill and cover, cook for 8 to 12 minutes, flipping the corn every 2 to 3 minutes to char each side.
Mexican Corn on the Cob Recipe by Liff Healthy
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill grate with oil.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until fully cooked and lightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While corn is cooking, mix sour cream and mayonnaise together in a small bowl until well combined. Place butter in a separate bowl and melt. In another small bowl combine chili powder and cayenne pepper. Set all three bowls aside.
- Remove from the grill and immediately brush with melted butter, then spread each evenly with the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chili mixture. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges on the side.
BBQ Street Corn Recipe by Savory Spice
- While corn is grilling, mix mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, and choice of seasoning in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Remove corn from heat and let cool forabout 10 min., or until it can be handled. Peel back the husks and grill the ears with the lid off for 5 to 10 min., or until corn is slightly charred.
- Liberally brush on mayonnaise mixture to coat.
- Finish by sprinkling all sides with a generous pinch of Parmesan cheese and chives.
Garlic Parmesan Corn on the Cob Recipe by Its A Keeper
- First, make the garlic butter recipe. In a sauce pan add butter.
- Then turn off the heat and add the olive oil.
- Next add Worcestershire sauce.
- Then add the garlic.
- Then add the seasonings, including my House Seasoning Blend. Next whisk to combine. Then brush on corn and grill corn for about 10 minutes, rotating periodically until each side is cooked and slightly charred. Remove the corn from the grill, brush with butter mixture again and top with cheese and fresh parsley.
Hot Honey Butter Bath Corn on the Cob Recipe by Kitchn
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add milk, butter, honey, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Carefully add corn and reduce the heat to medium.
- Boil the corn for 8 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove the corn from the butter bath and serve immediately.