New Year’s Eve celebrations have changed over the years. Before kids we are able to dress up and celebrate the night away. Once babies and toddlers come along, we are lucky to still be awake when the new year rolls around. At some point you feel like your kids are old enough to celebrate and start new traditions of ringing in the new year. Here are some things we have done throughout the years to ring in the New Year with our kids.
1. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a different time zone. If you have Netflix, check out their New Year’s Eve Countdown Collection. You can pick your child’s favorite Netflix character and countdown with them. This option keeps everyone happy. The kids get to celebrate and you get to put them to bed at a decent hour.
2. Movie Marathon Night. New Year’s is all about popcorn, and having a movie marathon. You can even set up a special area to lie down and watch the movie. I always secretly hope my littles will fall asleep while watching.
3. In San Antonio, it isn’t too cold around the new year. We love to get the fire pit out and make smores. If you don’t have a fire pit you can always do it in the fireplace, on the stove, or do a baked version.
4. Play your favorite games together. Our kids pick out their favorite game for all of us to play. Our favorites are Uno and Qwirkle. You can always print out a Bingo board and play bingo. Check out this cute bingo board by Campfire Marshmellows.
5. Dance Party! Rock out and dance to your favorite music. Having a good playlist is a must. The parents even get out their favorite songs and have a blast from the past.
6. Stagger fun, simple crafts throughout the evening. You can have a new craft every hour. These don’t have to be complex crafts. We have found simple ones from Oriental Trading.
Check out these other kid friendly New Year’s Eve ideas from some amazing bloggers. I just love all these ideas.
7. Countdown Bags Paper Plate Shaker from The Centsible Life
8. Fun Party Printables from Paging Supermom
9. New Year’s Kit from The 36th Avenue
10. Photo Props from Infarrantly Creative
11. Felt Party Hats from Felt So Cute
12. New Year’s Eve Party Kit from Inchmark
13. Video Interview from How Does She
14. Photo Booth Props from I Heart Naptime
15. Printable Time Capsule from Amy’s Finer Things
16. Countdown Decorations from Fiskars
17. New Year’s Bell from Paging Supermom
18. DIY Party Hats from Growing up Blackxican
19. DIY Party Masks from Modern Mami
20. Kid Friendly Party Crackers from Fiskars
Disclaimer: The links in this post contain affiliate links. If you click through and buy something I will get a small commission used for keeping the blog up and running smoothly.