Are you ready for your most adventurous, fun summer no matter the pandemic and lock downs? Getting creative and dreaming up fun things to do this summer that don’t take too much effort besides gathering your family and maybe a few supplies. Here are summer bucket list ideas for you to accomplish in 2020!
Disclaimer: We are Amazon associates which means we earn a commission if you purchase through our Amazon links. At no extra cost to you. Our commission is super tiny, so buy local if you can, but if you can’t we appreciate the pennies.
At-Home Fun Summer Bucket List Activity Ideas
1. Hiking – Spend the day outdoors, hiking a local trail, and go hammocking.
3. Tie Dye shirts, socks, or any other clothing around the house
4. Have a bonfire – and don’t forget s’mores!
5. Fairy Garden – My daughter loves fairy gardens. And this is the year for one. I have a space and I have the time. Now, I need to make it. Does a fairy garden sound like a perfect summer activity this year? You can get a prepacked set here.
6. Drive in Movie – get out those laundry baskets to make your own car, pop some yummy popcorn or eat treats for a drive in movie at home.
7. Make a homemade slip ‘n slide – The first step is find a slope in the yard. The momentum of running and flinging your body on the ground will definitely create a big splash.
8. Lie on your back and stargaze – You could go one of two ways with this. If you make it an event, your kids will buy into the excitement. Bring out blankets/sleeping bags, pillows, and stuffed animals. Or get them out of bed (not too long after they go, so they aren’t sleepy) and lead them out to a magical space in your backyard.
9. Play Croquet – If you need to purchase a croquet set, here you go.
10. Zoom Party – Call and spend time with a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
11. Keep Reading – You can create a fun reading space and read together. I have some great memories of reading chapter books with my family.
12. Churn yummy homemade ice cream – the flavor possibilities are endless. My favorite is cookies and cream. Yum!
13. Have a backyard camping trip – Camping trip cancelled? It’s a bummer, but you can still have a fun camping experience together in your own backyard. Find some creative ways to spice it up a little at the link.
14. Picnic in your yard – We think almost all food tastes better out of doors.
15. Create an obstacle course on your driveway – don’t forget the rainbow chalk! While you’ve got the chalk out, decorate the pavement and leave messages for the neighbors.
16. Backyard Game Challenge – Commit to playing a game or doing something outside every evening you are home. Start small and see what you can do by the end of the summer.
17. Backyard Olympics – Toyko 2020 may be postponed, but you can hold your own competitions in the yard. Get some ideas at the link.
18. Pool Noodle Activities – create fun water activities with pool noodles. This site has plenty of fun ideas.
19. Get creative with crafts outdoors – Beads and yarn, seashells and sand, jars and paint. Use what you’ve got around the house or yard and create a nature collage.
Parks & More Summer Bucket List Activity Ideas
20. Go out on a river and kayak/canoe or just go swimming.
21. Pick Peaches or any other You Pick Fruit
22. Summer mini golf is a classic choice. Check out Cool Crest here in San Antonio.
23. Hope on your bike and hit the many trails in San Antonio. Did you know San Antonio has 3 major trails that cover most of the city?
25. Visit the new Fischer Park Sprayground in New Braunfels.
What Should I Put on My Summer Bucket List?
The best part about a summer bucket list is that it should be your own. I’ve given you a few ideas of things to do this summer. Pick and choose from this list of summer bucket list ideas and create one that will be perfect for you. I hope this summer is the best of your life and you will become a traveler in your own town and see the world!